Sunday, March 15, 2015

Last Week and This Week

Last week was such a big week that I didn't get a chance to report on all of it at once. So after Mumbai and everything else, we also had Field Day for the high school! White house, orange house and blue house battled it out for domination while participating in all kinds of track events. White house ultimately took the crown but we all had a good time and then concluded the two day event with biryani lunch on the field.

I even got to take part, joining in the staff and alumni 100 meter relay. My team lost but we did it in style. The 100 meter dash is not my event. I kept joking that this is the fastest I have had to run in a decade, and its probably true.

 

Staying out of the sun:


Score board (These are not the final scores. White wins!)


I'm biased toward the running events:





Biryani lunch around the track:


This is what a biryani lunch looks like (Sorry I didn't think to take the picture until I had already started digging in. Watching other people work out makes you hungry.)


This week we had prom for grades 11 and 12. At the last minute I was asked to cover chaperoning duties for a teacher that needed to go out of town for the weekend. It was fun to see the kids all dressed up and as part of the deal I got to have dinner at the nice hotel in town. So it wasn't really a hardship.

Prom night here consists of dinner at the Carlton Hotel, then the dance, then a movie. Its a bit different at a residential school because all of the kids have a fun night and then you deposit them back at their dorms. This keeps the debauchery to a minimum and eliminates many of the potential issues that occur on prom night back home in the states. All in all it was a very easy chaperoning job, with the biggest rules to enforce being dress code.

Crowning the king and queen:


Chaperones:



The go-to dance move is to jump up and down with your arms in the air:


All in all a hugely busy couple of weeks but a lot of fun. 



No comments:

Post a Comment