Sunday, February 1, 2015

Quiet Week

This was a short, and fairly uneventful week. Which was quite nice to be honest. I worked a lot and on Saturday joined a couple of the girls for what they call the "smokeless stove project" where they go with a stone mason into a local person's home and install a new and better stove. Today Loey took Sandhya and I for breakfast at Villa Retreat, a hotel up the hill with a beautiful view and nice outdoor seating. It was so sweet of her and the food was delicious. We walked Cokkers Walk afterward which is a tourist attraction of a stroll along the cliffside. There is a 3 rupee entry fee and vendors the whole way but the weather was beautiful and we had a good view. I definitely feel like I am starting to get a better idea of Kodai's layout. Here are some pictures from the past week!

Got two packages this week! One from Mom and one from Cory. Both looked worse for the wear but they made it! We discovered that the key is to completely cocoon it in tape.


Kiki Book Shop and the lovely proprietors who are so nice to Kodai school kids and staff:


 Photos from the smokeless stove outing. Including the proud homeowner in front of her house. She was a beautiful woman who made us tea and was so welcoming!





Kate and I went for coffee at Cafe Cariappa. Good espresso!


I am learning to make dosa. This one almost looks correct.


Here is our view from Sunday brunch with Loey. Isn't it beautiful. What a nice hotel. If I ever come back to visit this is where I want to stay.



Sandhya and I enjoyed some passion fruit on Cokkers Walk.


This cow wandered through the market helping itself to vendors' food and generally causing havoc. People were not particularly pleased but it was nice comic relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment